SANUS-q Liposomal Vitamin D3+K2 provides us with 2,500 iu of Vitamin D and 45 mcg of Vitamin K through liposomal technology. This means that the vitamins are delivered efficiently and thoroughly to the cells without being degraded or lost along the way. Both Vitamin D3 and K2 are difficult to sufficiently source through diet alone.
Vitamin D is known as “the sunshine vitamin” as it is best sourced through exposure to sunlight. However, many of us don’t get enough sun due to indoor work environments and dark Autumn and Winter months. When we don’t get enough vitamin D, our bones, mood, muscles, heart and immunity suffer. Phosphorus and calcium are famously crucial for healthy, strong bones, but they cannot be sufficiently absorbed without Vitamin D.
A far lesser known vitamin which is important for the proper usage of calcium is Vitamin K2. When Vitamin D and Vitamin K2 work together, calcium and phosphorus are not only absorbed properly, but they are sent to the right places. We don’t want calcium gathering in our arteries (which increases the risk of heart disease), we want it sent straight to the bones. Vitamin K2 is the guiding hand for the proper calcium-to-bone pathway.
What does Vitamin D3 do?
- Helps calcium and phosphorus absorption
- Supports strong bones and reduces the risk of osteoporosis
- Supports healthy muscles
- Improves mood and helps to prevent depression
- Supports immunity
- Supports healthy blood pressure
What does Vitamin K2 do?
- Regulates where calcium is deposited
- Supports the bones by sending calcium to them
- Supports the heart by preventing calcium build up-in the arteries